Need help for: 

your visa application, company setup, business licenses and documents in Japanese/English?

You’ve come to the right place. We are here for you! 

Tri-Star Legal Office provides the following services:


Visa application:

Application for visa (status of residence), permanent residency, and Japanese citizenship

We can help you get a visa when you work in Japan, run a business in Japan, marry a Japanese, become a permanent resident, acquire a Japanese citizenship

Click here for details on respective visa applications

  • Application for Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to stay in Japan: Application for foreign nationals residing outside of Japan to come and stay in Japan
  • Renew or change current status of residence: To work in Japan, study in Japan, marry a Japanese/become permanent resident
  • Application for resident status for newborn children of non-Japanese parent(s)
  • Application to extend the period of stay: To continue staying in Japan with the current visa
  • Application for permanent residency in Japan: To spend the rest of your time in Japan/secure resident status in Japan
  • Application for a permission to acquire a Japanese citizenship (naturalization*)

*Application for naturalization is not a visa application and to be submitted to the Legal Affairs Bureau


Company setup

Setting up a company, acquiring business licenses*, and company management*

Business licenses: restaurant, bar, hotel and other accommodation including legal minpaku (Airbnb), secondhand goods trade, real estate, construction, and more

Company management: bookkeeping/accounting journals in English,  subsidy, and documentation in Japanese that need to be submitted to the Japanese authorities and banks

Document preparation in English/Japanese

Documents in Japanese/English to be prepared for you

We help you prepare Japanese/English documents to support foreign/non-Japanese residents, provide translation and notarization service.

Not only normal documents and applications prescribed by banks, schools and public offices, we help preparing Seizen Keiyakusho* together with your Will and testament.

We would recommend that you prepare Seizen Keiyakusho* together with your Will and testament while you are physically and mentally healthy:

*Seizen Keiyakusho is a set of agreements to be made during the lifetime (seizen keiyakusho), wills and testament, support of arrangement for the death of foreign residents in Japan

1) Engagement agreement (letter) on property management

(When the signer is physically disabled)

2) Voluntary guardianship agreements-1 and 2

(When the signer needs help on a regular basis or loses his/her judgment/sense of right and wrong)

3) Living will/Statement on death with dignity

(When the signer is brain-dead)

4) Will and testament

5) Engagement agreement (letter) on arrangements to be performed after death

(Funeral services, grave and graveyard, other arrangement to be performed after death


  • Document preparation, translation and notarization in Japanese/English
  • Certificate of Translation for documents we translated.
  • Arrangement for document notarization/legalization by a Japanese Notary Public/Consul at Embassy

     NOTE: We cannot issue a Certificate of Translation for documents that have been translated by others.

     NOTE: The terms used for different documents and certification are not always consistent between different countries.